This is the IDRS Acorn Project resource page for the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program. This is a $500 million program that will provide grants to small businesses located in California. This page will help you prepare to apply for the grant and allow you to get assistance with your application from the IDRS Acorn Project.
Things are changing fast on this program, what we know right now (additional information below):
- The information website can be found at careliefgrant.com
- There are two funding rounds. Round 1 ended on January 13th. Round 2 begins on February 2nd and ends on February 8th.
- For-profit businesses and non-profits (501(c)(3)s, (c)(6)s, (c)(19)s) are eligible
- The Grant amount you can apply for is based on the gross revenue of your business.
- $1,000 to $100,000 gross revenue (GR) can apply for $5,000
- $101,001 to $1,000,000 GR can apply for $15,000
- $1,000,001 – $2,500,000 GR can apply for $25,000
- Businesses with income over $2,500,000 are ineligible to apply
- You must have been in business since 6/1/2019
- Must be able to provide a business or tax return from either 2018 or 2019 (Schedule C or F for for-profit businesses or 990 for non-profits)
- Must have a physical address in California and operate here (cannot use a PO Box address).
- Applications will be submitted online. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 hours of submitting your application then the application did not go through. The application certification document must be downloaded to complete, you can’t complete the application certification in a browser. Once you have download and completed the application you need to print it and scan it to upload it to the system for submission. If you do not know how to do this, please contact IDRS staff for assistance.
Applications are now open. If you would like to apply, please click the button below. When you are in the application, click Find Grants Now then click on Apply Now in the left box if you are a for-profit business or click Apply Now in the right box if you are a non-profit business.
Would you like assistance in filling out your grant application? Do you need more information about the program? Please click the button below and fill out our intake form and a counselor will be back in touch with you shortly. (This is not the grant application but a request for free assistance from the IDRS Acorn Project).
February 1, 2021 at 12 PM Pacific – IDRS Acorn Project California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
Program Information and Recorded Webinars:
IDRS Application Question Guide
Application Guide for For-Profit Businesses
SBDC CA Grant Relief Webinars – Multiple Dates (Multiple Languages)
San Diego & Imperial SBDC Southwestern College California Relief Grant, How to Apply (12-29-2020)
CalNonprofits December 29th webinar recording
CalNonprofits December 29th webinar slide deck
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program website
California Government’s Press Release of the grant program
- FYI: The Lendistry (the company managing the program and software portal) Customer Service Center contact information is 888-612-4370 and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact them to answer questions about your application. IDRS may be able to get an answer for you quickly through our partner organization so please contact us too!
- This is not a first-come, first-served application process. All grant applications received before the grant window closes on January 8th will be reviewed equally.
- There will be a second round (Dates TBD). You do not need to apply for both rounds. All applications not selected for round one will be considered during round two.
- You do not have to apply with the organizations that are listed in your county on the grant website. IDRS has a partnership with CAMEO (California Association of Microenterprise Opportunity) and will be assisting entrepreneurs to apply for the grant using their link.
- Must have a physical address you can put in the application. P.O. Boxes are not accepted.