UPDATED with Rounds 7, 8, and 9 Information.
This is the IDRS Acorn Project resource page for the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program. This is a $2.5 billion program that will provide grants to small businesses located in California. This page will help you prepare to apply for the grant and allow you to get assistance with your application from the IDRS Acorn Project.
The information website can be found at careliefgrant.com
- Round 1 ended on January 13th.
- Round 2 ended on February 8th.
- Round 3 ended on March 11th.
- Round 4 ended on March 23rd
- Round 5 ended on March 31st.
- Round 6 ended on May 4th.
- Round 7 August 3rd – September 16th. This round is only for waitlisted applicants from previous rounds. New small business applicants will need to wait until round 9.
- Round 8: Nonprofit cultural institutions only: Application window: Friday, August 27th through Wednesday, September 8th. Eligible applicants: Only non-profit cultural institutions with any revenue size that meet eligibility criteria found at CAReliefGrant.comApproximately $16 Million dollars remain under the Nonprofit Cultural Institutions Program. Eligible nonprofit cultural institutions must complete a new application even if they already applied in Rounds 1,2, 5, or 6.; nonprofit cultural institutions that applied in Round 4 do not need to re-apply; grants will only be available to nonprofit cultural institutions that did not receive funding in any previous rounds; grants will be prioritized based on the documented percentage revenue declines based on a reporting period comparing Q2 and Q3 of 2020 versus Q2 and Q3 of 2019.
- Round 9: Application window: Thursday, September 9th through Thursday, September 30th. New Applicants and Waitlisted applicants from certain previous rounds.Eligible applicants: current waitlisted applicants from certain previous rounds and new applicants that meet eligibility criteria found at CAReliefGrant.comEligible grant award: $5,000 – $25,000Details: Applicants not selected to move forward in the review process in Rounds 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, or 7 do not need to re-apply and will be automatically moved into Round 9. New applicants will need to apply at CAReliefGrant.com
- The Grant amount you can apply for is based on the gross revenue of your business.
- $1,000 to $100,000 gross revenue (GR) can apply for $5,000
- $101,001 to $1,000,000 GR can apply for $15,000
- $1,000,001 – $2,500,000 GR can apply for $25,000
- Businesses with income over $2,500,000 are ineligible to apply
- You must have been in business since 6/1/2019
- Must be able to provide a business or tax return from 2019 (Schedule C or F for for-profit businesses or 990 for non-profits)
- Must have a physical address in California and operate here (cannot use a PO Box address).
- Applications will be submitted online. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 hours of submitting your application then the application did not go through. The application certification document must be downloaded to complete, you can’t complete the application certification in a browser. Once you have download and completed the application you need to print it and scan it to upload it to the system for submission. If you do not know how to do this, please contact IDRS staff for assistance.
Once applications open, you can apply by clicking the button below. When you are in the application, click “Find Grants Now” then click on “Apply Now”. If you are a nonprofit, apply using the left box. If you are a small for-profit business, apply using the right box.
Would you like assistance in filling out your grant application? Do you need more information about the program? Please click the button below and fill out our intake form and a counselor will be back in touch with you shortly. (This is not the grant application but a request for free assistance from the IDRS Acorn Project).
IDRS Application Question Guide
Complete Application Guide
Application Certification Download (For-Profit)
Application Certification Download (Non-Profit)
California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program website
California Government’s Press Release of the grant program
- FYI: The Lendistry (the company managing the program and software portal) Customer Service Center’s contact information is 888-612-4370 and email@example.com. You can also contact them to answer questions about your application. IDRS may be able to get an answer for you quickly through our partner organization so please contact us too!
- This is not a first-come, first-served application process. All grant applications received before the grant window closes will be reviewed equally.
- You do not have to apply with the organizations that are listed in your county on the grant website. IDRS has a partnership with CAMEO (California Association of Microenterprise Opportunity) and will be assisting entrepreneurs to apply for the grant using their link.
- Must have a physical address you can put in the application. P.O. Boxes are not accepted.
- Previously they allowed 2018 and 2019 tax returns. New rounds will require a 2019 tax return.