DEADLINE UPDATED UNTIL FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2023 @ 4 PM PACIFIC
In 2022, Tolani Lake Enterprises was awarded a grant from the Native American Agricultural Fund to expand our Diné Small Farm and Ranch Development Partnership—a multi-partner initiative supporting Navajo and Hopi farmers and ranchers to revitalize culturally grounded community-based agriculture in the Little Colorado River (LCR) Valley.
The project provides training and technical support to community groups and growers to support new and expanded community farms; increases access to capital for community farms and individual growers through mini-grants and a regional funding proposal; advances culturally grounded policies that will increase access to land for new farms and gardens and guide growers to produce safe food and access new Navajo Nation markets; and shares tools so that others can replicate this work.
The Indian Dispute Resolution Services, Inc., operating under the microenterprise development program entitled, IDRS Acorn Project, has been selected by Tolani Lake Enterprises to expand the grant program and offer these grants outside of the Navajo Nation.
- Mini-grant project period April 28, 2023 through August 31, 2023.
- Request for Proposals available on or before March 16, 2023.
- Informational Webinar on Grant Application Process on March 24, 2023 at 12PM PDT.
- Deadline to request technical assistance: April 7, 2023.
- Deadline to Submit Proposals: 4 pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), April 21, 2023.
- Date of Selection: 4 pm PDT, April 28, 2023.
- Deadline for Return of Signed Award Letter: 4 pm PDT, May 5, 2023.
- Technical Assistance Session for Grantees (mandatory) on or before May 22, 2023.
- Project must be completed and the Final Report submitted by August 31, 2023.
- Project update September 30, 2023.
Check out our informational session on the Mini-Grant Program.
Nevada Agriculture Mini-Grant Program Information Session
Friday, March 24th, 2023
12 – 1 pm Pacific
Come learn about a small grant program from IDRS Acorn Project and Tolani Lake Enterprises for agricultural producers located in Nevada. Eligible applicants are those that grow, raise, or forage things for sale. This could include farmers, market gardeners, ranchers, and foragers for agricultural products used in food or art products. Come find out more about this grant program, learn about the application, deadlines, and about our small business program.
To view a recording of the webinar, please CLICK HERE.
Free counseling for your farm or agricultural small business.
The IDRS Acorn Project provides free small business counseling for Native entrepreneurs, farmers, and artists. If you interested in signing up for a session, including for help with completing your application for the Nevada Agricultural Mini-Grant program or learning more, please fill out the form located HERE.
Here is the application link: https://questionpro.com/t/AMjU6ZxbuU